1. Write a program in any language other than shell/bash: Python or Perl. I decided on Perl because I don't know Python "YET"
a. Opens file data.xlsx and convert to csv
b. Sorts data by price
c. Prints results to standard out
d. Submit source and output
2. How do you redirect standard out to standard error?
3. What command shows you all files open by root?
4. Why does that command shows you TCP and UDP sockets?
5. What are some file system mount options that can improve performance?
a. What would you sacrifice using these mount options?
b. Why is that OK?
6. What command shows you how busy
the file system is?
7. Explain what load average is?
8. Write a sample maintenance notification email
a. The service will still be up
b. Performance of service may be very bad at times
c. The maintenance will begin at midnight
d. The maintenance should take 1 hours but there is a chance of the maintenance taking longer